Bad luck!

I had a bit of bad luck in the last couple of months. An infected bursitis needed surgical treatment and I am still having problems with my right hand. However, the building went on and actually we are not to far away from the finish line. So here´s an update.

shutterstock_114803062_1_

The painting job is finally done. The exterior is spraypainted with glossy white Awlgrip and it looks awesome. The interior is all matt white. The hardest part was getting the surfaces all even flat. You need to at least squeegee the panels twice or seal them with a light filler before sanding and painting.

Anyway, we got it all done and we are happy with the result! The galley is almost finished, with an induction field as cooker. See how that works. The Fridge is 230 V as well.

Galley

Galley

This is the generator, suppying 4 kw continuous 230 V electrical power. It is situated under the forward bunk in the starboard hull.

Whisperpower Genverter

Whisperpower Genverter

The windows (Perspex) are glued with Sikaflex.

Perspex windows

Perspex windows

This is the hatch of the forward locker and it´s huge!

forward locker

forward locker

We just started with the installation of the daggerboard cases. It was a day´s work to cut out the hull and make them fit properly.

Cutting out the hull for the daggerboard cases

Cutting out the hull for the daggerboard cases

The case is in place

The case is in place

That is how the cases break through the hull.

20160528_162334

Daggerboard case

20160528_163349

daggerboard case

The rest is business as usual – trimming the cases, decoring and backfilling the edges and finally taping the seams.

Next thing to do is the forestay fitting and the installation of the rudders. If everything works out well we´ll be in the water in 6 or 7 weeks 🙂   –   and next time I tell you what the little guy at the top has to do with all of it.